While a woman is pregnant her body undergoes numerous changes physically as well as physiologically and spiritually. The physical changes can cause stress and or discomfort to the mother. Massage is a wonderful way to help alleviate many of these discomforts, as well as promotes a sense of well-being.
Benefits of Pregnancy Massage
- Reduces swelling in hands, feet and ankles.
- Lessens sciatic pain.
- Eases muscular discomforts in areas like the low back & neck, calf cramps, it also helps with tension and tightening that can be experienced throughout the body.
- Relaxes tense muscles and can help increase flexibility.
- Helps with relaxation which in turn can decrease insomnia.
- Increases blood and lymph flow which can help increase the elimination of toxins through the circulatory and lymphatic systems, this can also help with fatigue.
- Stimulates the release of endorphins, the body's natural pain killers, into the brain and nervous system.
- Helps relieve anxiety or depression.
- Helps increase blood circulation, which in turn delivers more oxygen and nutrients to the mother and baby .
- Can be used during the labour as well as after making both experiences easier and more comfortable.
- Eases stress mothers often feel after the birth.
There are many more benefits! This list is to give you an idea of how beneficial massage can be during pregnancy!
Call Today Or Book A Massage Online!