Epsom Salts Bath
Directions for An Epsom Salts Bath
Simply add two cups of Epsom salts to your bath water and soak for at least 12 minutes.
There are many different brands of Epsom salts, although they are all the same chemically. Epsom salts can be bought at most drug stores.
Epsom salt is rich in both magnesium and sulfate. While both magnesium and sulfate are poorly absorbed through the stomach, studies show increased magnesium levels just from soaking in a bath with Epsom salts! Magnesium and sulfate are both easily absorbed through the skin. Sulfates play an important role in the formation of brain tissue, joint proteins and the proteins that line the walls of the digestive tract. They stimulate the pancreas to generate digestive enzymes and are thought to help detoxify the body of medicines and environmental contaminants.
Health Benefits of Epsom Salt:
- Improved heart and circulatory health, helps prevent hardening of the arteries, reducing blood clots and lowering blood pressure.
- Improved ability for the body to use insulin, reducing the incidence or severity of diabetes.
- Flushed toxins and heavy metals from the cells, easing muscle pain and helping the body to eliminate harmful substances.
- Improved nerve function by electrolyte regulation. Also, calcium is the main conductor for electrical current in the body, and magnesium is necessary to maintain proper calcium levels in the blood.
- Relieved stress. Excess adrenaline and stress are believed to drain magnesium, a natural stress reliever, from the body. Magnesium is necessary for the body to bind adequate amounts of serotonin, a mood-elevating chemical within the brain that creates a feeling of well being and relaxation.
- Reduced inflammation to relieve pain and muscle cramps.
- Improved oxygen use.
- Improved absorption of nutrients.
- Improved formation of joint proteins, brain tissue and mucin proteins.
- Prevention or easing of migraine headaches.